Sunday, May 17, 2015

#DBlogWeek Day 7 - Continuing Connections

We've come to the conclusion of the Sixth Annual Diabetes Blog Week.  This was my first year participating as I've just started my DBlog.

I want to thank Karen Graffeo at Bitter~Sweet again for pulling this together.  I'm so glad to have participated.

Today's Topic:  The very first inspiration for Diabetes Blog Week was to help connect our blogging community, and that continues to be the most important reason it's held every year.  So let's help foster and continue those connections as we wrap up another Dblog Week.  Share a link to a new blog you've found or a new friend you've made.  Or pick a random blog off of the Participant's List, check it out and share it with us.  Let's take some time today to make new friends.

I've discovered a bunch about a gazillion new diabetes blogs/bloggers this week.  What fun I've had reading them!  I will be adding a bunch to my reading list on this blog (look over to the right to find it).

Everyone's blogs were fabulous and I will continue to read them regularly.  But there were a few that stuck out to me.

Tamsin at Type 1 Diabeater - She inspired me by her outlook, her love of life, and her healthy lifestyle.

Brian at The Trials of Type 2 Diabetes - He is a great spokesman for Type 2 diabetics and a diabetes advocate.  I was lucky to have met Brian at the first annual UnConference.  He's totally cool.

Ally at Very Light, No Sugar - I love her sense of humor!

Alanna at Life on T1 - She is completely open and honest.  I appreciate that.

Celine at Running on Carbs - She makes me want to be a healthier person.

Thanks to everyone who participated.  You all let me dive right into the DOC that is so new to me.  I'm already looking forward to next year's Diabetes Blog Week!

Here's a list of other posts on this topic.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out, Liz! Love your blog name and looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices! I enjoyed all of those blogs as well!

    ReplyDelete